Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sockpal progress stalled

Dear Sockpal,

I promise to knit the socks I had set out on. The only problem I have is the socks. The pattern rocks, Koigu is amazing – my problem is with the colors.

See, I promised myself I would knit the socks in the colors you had requested – neutral, earth tones. And I’m sticking to that to the very end.

I think my problem is, is this – I don’t like knitting in earth tones. And yes, knitting that lurvely Koigu makes up for the lack of snazzy color, I will do as you have requested.

But I’m tempted to toss in a ball of Cherry Hill sock yarn in BRIGHTS just to spice things up when I send you your package. Or maybe a ball of pink Trekking. Oops, sorry, that one’s mine. Earth tones are good, but the colors personally are driving me to want to shove the DPNs through mine eyes and drink. And I can’t have one currently.

Thanks ever so much,
Sockpalooza Sockpal 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my pal has a detailed list on length of cuff,etc... I wish it were just colours...