Saturday, May 26, 2007

7-8 Random things about moi

No one tagged me :( but I thought I'd share anyway.


1. I don't like drinking milk. I apparently was lactose intolerant when I was a kid, but I've also heard that I drank it without care too. Who knows which one is correct, but drinking it straight now, it reminds me of glue.

2. I've always had a pet in my life. I grew uup with my parents 2 dachsunds, and except for 6 months, I've always lived with a pet. In those 6 months, my dog was with my parents, so I still technically had a pet.

3. I love to drive. There is somthing freeing about getting behind the wheel and going. Whether it's to work, shopping, etc., I love it.

4. I have never won anything -- like a prize. I've won awards, but never anything like a trip, a CD or anything like that. I probably should try more often than I do, which is every once in a while, but I'm lazy.

5. For all purposes, I have given up soda. Doesn't mean I don't occasionally have one, but I'd rather drink tea or water. I think it goes with the fact that so far I have lost 25 of the 30 pounds I gained when I moved to NH from FL, and now that I have more energy I neeed less caffeinge.

6. I love summer. The heat, the humidity -- all of it. Which is a bit funny since I'm like the palest white girl out there -- being 3/4 Scottish-Irish, and being unable to sit out in the sun w/o my SPF 9000 for more than 30 seconds. I fry in the sun, which is too bad, because I seriously love being outside in the warm weather.

7. I like thunderstorms. Not necessarily driving in them, but I like being home for them. The thunder and lightning put on a show, and if the power goes out -- even better. It's mystical and mysterious, even dare I say it, a bit sexy? Of course it's all science based, but there's something about a good thunderstorm on a hot summer day.

8. One of the best feelings is getting into a freshly made bed at night, after a long day. The feeling of the cool, crisp cotton sheets as you crawl in, is in my opinion, divine. Almost makes me want to change my sheets every day. Almost.

No comments: