Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mecca and not so much

Last Saturday (Feb. 16), Lisa, Steph, Pam, Anne and I all traveled down to Webs. Seriously? Words cannot do this store justice. They have a space-time-warp thingy going on. For reals -- like 2.5-3 hours we lost amidst the yarny-fibery-wooly goodness.

First though, we went to Northampton wools. That experience? Not so much the mecca. I did buy 2 hanks of Manos Silk Blend. And was promptly corrected by little miss "I'm wearing the wrong size AE hoodie, but I run the store, so my word is GOD."

FYI (just so she doesn't threaten to like sit on you or something) -- it's pronouced mah-nos. NOT man-os, which I slipped on. And was soundly thwacked upside the head by Little Miss AE.

Other than that, Northampton wools reminded me A LOT, way too much actually, of Portsmouth's Yarn Basket. Kind of cramped, occasionally rude and if you have to dig that much for a deal/treasure, it ain't worth it honey.

I'm still high off the fumes from Webs though.

No comments: