Friday, November 23, 2007

letter

I had posted a variation on the following a while back, then yanked it due to circumstances. There is no name atributed to the person I wrote this to, 'cause though I'm pissed, he doesn't deserve any retribution.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Dear X,

First off, thank you for helping me purchase my new car. I love it. What I liked even better was that when I went looking for a new car, you were the only salesperson who treated me like I was the buyer – and didn't ask me where my boyfriend/husband/brother/father was. You figured out straightaway that it was my car, therefore you talk to me. That was a pleasant surprise, and was the turning point as to why I bought the car I did. I’m sure that’s why you’re good at your job.

Aside from the car, part of me wants to say you’re a jerk, but I don’t think that’s correct. I think you’re thoughtless, but I don’t think that makes you a jerk. You sat there for 3-4 months, talking to me on e-mail and in person – making me feel comfortable talking about myself, my job and my lack of friends. All the while, you let me in too – or at least I thought you did. So to go one day from talking to nothing was quite a blow. But let's face it, you once apologized to me about fake promises and that you could get anyone's phone number through your job. You could contact me if you felt like it, and had mentioned outside the dry cleaners that you would. Obviously one apology for “fake promises” is fine, but you’re now racking them up my friend. Obviously, walking all over someone's feelings, someone who thought of you as a friend (albeit an e-mail friend) never crossed your mind. Now, I think I told you at one point, that my friends are spread across the country – none in NH who aren’t my co-workers or employees – and my family is 1300 miles away. So, I'm here by myself, and I could use a friend. Or two. But I'd sure as hell rather be without additional friends than put up with this anymore than I already have. I've been dumped by e-mail by a guy I dated, but I've never been dumped by a friend through lack of communication on e-mail/phone. For that, I must say shame on you for not being man enough to at least tell me that you didn't want to continue to talk to me. It has happened once and I let it, shame on me.

So, here's where it stands – if I'm wrong (and it'd be nice to think that I am, but at this point I'm doubtful), you can contact me. You've proven you have my address and my e-mail. You also said you can get anyone's phone number. If I am wrong, it's up to you to show me. I refuse to be one of those people who let another abuse me and take advantage of me at will. The ball is in your court. It's up to you. Either you want to be friends, or you don't. It's really of no consequence to me, 'cause I can deal with it either way. Friends or not, I don't put up with people who treat me like shit. So, if you do decide that you would like another friend, be prepared for me to call you on any bullshit you decide to pull. And it won't be easy. Trust and respect are hard things to get back once you've been an ass to someone who did nothing to deserve it.

So now it's up to you. I'm through putting out olive branches.

Thanks,
Me

p.s. Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam -- It is better to suffer an injustice than to do an injustice

No comments: