Saturday, November 3, 2007

furnace wars

Every year, I read about Stephanie and Ian's furnace wars. And I started to think, about the heat in my home.

Let me back up. I live in my parents' 208-year old house in NH. They live in a 80-year old house in Illinois (not really sure how old the house is there, but it's NOT 208). They have heat. And A/C. In Spades.

Here? Not so much.

Last winter, in the living room, the high temp was 45 degrees Farhenheit/7 degrees celsius.

There is a definite lack of INSULATION in the living room. Want proof? Here's a picture:IMG00043

The heat goes right out the wall.

So, furnace wars b/n Stephanie and Ian? Bring it on. I can have the heat on and it's only 45/7, which is like not having heat at all. If you'd like to add someone into the game, who will most likely win no matter what, call me!

(the above post where I tell them to Bring in on? All written in jest. I'd rather not get involved in furnace wars with those two. They're ruthless!!!!) ;)

1 comment:

Heather said...

if you were referring to Stephanie/yarnharlot, she doesn't live in IL, she lives in Toronto ontario

and we're hearty :o)